I’ve included all of these steps over the years to create a healthy and happy lifestyle.
I could go a little deeper into each point, but this page would turn into a book, so I will be explaining each of these tips in more detail on my blog and I will to link to it as I complete them.
- Change your environment – have your kitchen stocked with healthy foods and snacks.
- Plan meals in advance
- Write it down – keep track of what you’re eating
- Practice mindful eating
- Eat slower
- Drink more water
- Eat at home more
- Eat more protein– (protein doesn’t have to be meat) Most people get enough protein from diet alone. However, for those who don’t, taking a whey protein supplement is an effective way to boost protein intake.
I use Syntrax unflavored and add it into all sorts of things – even my coffee and oatmeal for an added boost of whey protein.
One study shows that replacing part of your calories with whey protein can cause significant weight loss, while also increasing lean muscle mass.
- Eat more fiber.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain.
- Focus on Changing Your Lifestyle – Dieting is one of those things that almost always fails in the long term. In fact, people who “diet” tend to gain more weight over time.
Make it a primary goal to nourish your body with healthy food and nutrients instead of only focusing on losing weight. Make healthy changes to become a healthier and happier person — not just to lose weight.
- Support – Surround yourself with supportive, like-minded people who want you to lose weight and succeed at your health and fitness goals.
Join me on Facebook for daily inspiration.
This page contains affiliate links
Before starting any new diet and exercise program please check with your doctor.